Announced earlier today from Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games, Extinction is a fast-paced, action game coming out early 2018 for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.
As you can see in this first Cinematic trailer above, the player will be fighting massive 150-foot-tall ogres along with armies of other smaller creatures. Apparently, as shown in the trailer above, being able to dismember and disarm your opponent is not just a cool cinematic touch, but will actually be something that characters will need to do in order to weaken and finally defeat enemies.
They are touting a whole list of features, a few of which are as follow:
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
Extinction sounds like it has the potential to be something special and we can’t wait to see them release more info at E3 in a couple weeks. Stay tuned for more info as we receive it.
Extinction will be coming early 2018 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
By Dayne “Anjel” Cody