At Nokia World This morning in Dubai, Nokia announced 2 new phones; the Lumia 1520 and the Lumia 1320. They both have 6″ Screens, and run Windows Phone 8. More Info Below.
Nokia Lumia 1520
This is the new “phablet” flagship phone (I really dislike that word, can’t we come up with a better one?). Set to rival devices such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, This is Nokia’s first foray into the bigger phone arena, and judging by the specs, they are going for it and using what they know best. Featuring a new 20MP camera and bigger 3400 mAh battery, along with a 6″ 1080p screen optimized for outdoor viewing, they have built quite the beast here. The Nokia Lumia 1520 will be an AT&T exclusive when it comes out later this year in North America.
- Windows Phone 8
- 6” full HD 1080p LCD, ClearBlack, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch, Gorilla Glass 2
- PureView 20 MP, ZEISS optics,OIS, 2x lossless zoom, oversampling, dual LED flash
- Video 1080p @ 30 fps full HD video with optical image stabilization
- 4G LTE
- Nokia Music for unlimited streaming of ad-free music
- Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+, HERE Transit available in the Store
- Microsoft Office built-in
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (2.2GHz Quad Core)
- 3400 mAh (integrated) with built-in wireless charging
- Yellow, white, black, glossy red
Nokia Lumia 1320
The Nokia Lumia 1320 is Nokia’s idea of creating a more “affordable” “phablet”. At 6″ it shares a very similar footprint to its big brother, the 1520, but there are some caveats. The Lumia 1320 has a 6″Screen but is 768×1020 instead of 1080p. It also includes a dual core CPU and 1GB of RAM, and the camera has been cut to a 5MP snapper, but they managed to get all of this in a package for 349$.
- 6-inch display, 768×1020 resolution
- Dual-core processor
- 3400 mAh battery
- 1GB of RAM
- 5MP camera
- microSD support
- Three rows of normal sized Live tiles
- Comes in matte yellow, matte black, glossy white, and glossy red
So there we have it, Nokia’s new Lumia Phones. They are big and colourful, and if you are a Windows Phone user, or would like to be one but wanted a bigger screen, well now you are in luck.
Via Press Release.
By Dayne “Anjel” Cody